Recipe credit: Bhavna, Diwali Ghughra recipe
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup cream of wheat
- 1 and ¼ cup maida
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 and ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Frying oil
- Roast the poppy seeds and coconut, then keep aside.
- Roast the cream of wheat until lightly browned, then mix in the roasted poppy seeds and coconut. Add the sugar, mixing well, and finally add the cardamom and nutmeg.
- Mix ghee and maida together, and add water gingerly to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out puris and stuff them with the sweet mixture. Close the puri in a half-moon shape to lock in the stuffing.
- Keep twisting around the edges or use a sawtooth cutter specially designed to create the edges.
- Heat the frying oil and fry on a low flame until golden brown.
Keywords: ghughra, gujia, karanji